Hi there, it feels great to share with you, MY FIRST ACTUAL POST! Sorry it’s a bit late, but today (9/1/13) we are having someone over for dinner, so what better a time. Now I know I said we were looking through cookbooks, but this recipe is more of an experiment. We are trying to redo my Dad’s cousin, Lena’s potato salad. And I think we did pretty well, but her’s was better due to the fact that everything was actually homegrown, in her garden. She even made her own mayo. But now for the recipe…
- 1 cup fresh garden peas
- 8 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups lemon mayonnaise
- 1/8 cup of capers
- 6 medium new potatoes
- 1 bunch spring onions
- Boil potatoes in their skin until just tender to a fork, let cool.
- Boil eggs until hard boiled, and let cool.
- clean and chop up the spring onions, including some of the green stem.
- Peel potatoes and chop into large cubes
- Peel eggs and cut into quarters.
- Mix all ingredients together and chill. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Well everyone seemed to like this dish. Our guest said it was delightful after a hearty “mmmm…” My mom said it was excellent and creamy. And my dad said it was refreshing. And even though we couldn’t replicate Lena’s recipe exactly we all agreed that it was pretty close. And please don’t mind the fact all the pictures are at the top, I’m not quite sure how to fix it.